« Home | AMY WESOME ONLINE FRIENDS!!! » | We're going down tu in a luleelurah » | Wow...in Newark? » | Chicken without a cause » | Letterman vs. Bill O'Reilly » | Wow in Cranford? » | the first four safety instructions included with a... » | Happy New Year! » | "I hope you will be king one day..." » | Fingering anger »

by OIL FOR FOOD, did they mean this?



via mistermax

great great great great great pic.

btw: I unexpectedly happened upon the Maxxum 5D at CompUSA earlier today. It felt plastic-y, rickety, and cheap, similar to those fake demonstration cellphones that are sometimes on display at the mega-chains, where the lcd is replaced with a laminated image of a flamingo and the buttons have no tactile click. However, the Maxxum 5D on display was real. Mind you, the actual 'feel' of a camera isn't as important as the photographic results, but um.. it is nice to have solid sensory confirmation that you properly engaged a button or shifted a dial.
Coupling this with the slower shutter lag, it's really no competition to the Rebel. Shame, really, I wanted that auto image stabilization really really bad.

Note to Canon: I'll troll other blogs and post this shit for $1000 a pop. I have no shame.

Note to Konica/Minolta: I'll delete this post in trade for one of your crackerjack cameras.

Note to self: I am an american.

mmmmmm Pizza

Checked out the evolt, doesn't grab me. Caught between the rebel xt and the D70 now, however the D70 is about $300 more and seems to suffer from some moire issues. It comes w/ a better lens, though, and you can use AF-Assist w/o flash, which kills kills KILLS me about the canon. Do you find that getting in the way?

ie, for auto-focus assist in low-light, the canon uses the flash. however, it also requires the flash to be initiated for the photograph. Have you been able to use the AF-assist and then cover/kill the flash and take the photo? I know how I am about flash, and that shit is gonna kill me. I'm just questioning if I should spend an extra $300 and get a bulkier camera to work myself around it.

Post a Comment