« Home | Welcome to DELSEA DRIVE-IN » | nice ad. » | Work Well With Others » | America in Color, 1939-43 » | Craigslist: SEX CULT SEEKS SUBMISSIVE FEMALES » | "I would like to do something that makes people ha... » | Sit back, relax, (turn on your audio), and prepare... » | cars, for christian (and the rest of you) » | A Couple of Idiots Discuss Complex Subjects » | quarlo -- photos -- new york city »

Merkin's Song of the Moment

updated ever on time.

---

Wheat, "Don't I Hold You"

NAPSTER, circa 2000 – I found this gem, "Don't I hold you" by a then-unknown band called Wheat, and threw it in a mix along with Onelinedrawing, Cursive, Jacob Golden, Denison Whitmer...something or other (He sounded like a precursor to Sufjan Stevens, if that makes sense), Rainer Maria, and a bunch of others. It was pure acoustic indie-emo bliss. The best mix (to kill yourself to) ever.

Today I find a blog by a guy named Matt Dentler talking about this song , bringing back a deluge of memories. Apparently this song, which i've always thought will simply vaporize into the ether, will be on the OST for Elizabethtown, a Cameron Crowe film, due October 14.
Glad to hear some people share the same sentiment (and hope the film doesn't suck).

If you want to hear the song, hit me up.

I want you to sing it to me.

You don't sing that well ;)

Post a Comment